What does it mean? These are the initials of the 3 greatest US Presidents of all time.
al= Abraham Lincoln
tr=Teddy Roosevelt
rr=Ronald Reagan
al+tr+rr = altrrr
That is not the complete list of my favorite Presidents, but is the top 3. I also include George Washington, FDR, and John Kennedy in the top 6. All for different reasons.
On another site I had a guy ask me if I ranked Ronald Reagan as a better President than the others I listed. I did and do have a top 3, but of the ones I have listed they were all important because of who they were and what they did at an important point in American history.
"I don't believe [Reagan] was the greatest, just the right one at the right time for America in the 80's. Just as Washington was the right president for our new nation, as was Lincoln, Teddy, FDR, JFK (if he lived) and RR."
"What would America and the world be like if Washington hadn't turned down the offer to be our new King?
What if Lincoln had not fought hard to keep the nation together and just told the Southerners it was okay to secede?
What is Teddy had not shown us how to become a world power? What if he hadn't fought so hard against the monopolies?
What if FDR hadn't instituted so many social programs during the depression or led us during the greatest war ever fought?
What if JFK hadn't appealed to our 'better angels?'
What if Reagan hadn't been around to get us out of our doldrums and instituted policies to get our economy back on track? What if he hadn't made it okay to be proud to be an American?"
So whenever I have a question of what our leaders today should do I ask myself "what would altrrr do?"
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment