Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Beginning...

All things have a beginning, a start, an origin, an alpha. So it is with this blog. I am not a politician nor do I aspire to that position. I'm nothing but a student of the body politic, a man that has lived long enough to have an opinion on most all matters.

What I offer you is a chance to read my thoughts on American political discourse and have your say as well. All I ask is that you be respectful of my opinion and others. While I am a Texan by birth I am an American by citizenship.

This blog will be a notebook for me to share what thoughts I have on matters facing America and American today, in the past and tomorrow. My opinions will be based upon political necessity, weighing alternatives, and in the end doing what is right for most people today and in the future. I firmly believe that a people that forget history are doomed to repeat it, but I don't believe in stewing in past mistakes.

I do hold a political affiliation, but do not adhere to it to the exclusion of common sense. That affiliation will be a subject of a blog in the near future.

Maybe together we can come up with the answers to the problems of America that work today and tomorrow. Hopefully we can leave the ISMs out of this discourse.

Thanks for reading and sharing,

ALTRRR

No comments: